- Motif Character Engine is a supplementary product to the Motif Story Engine
- It provides a dice system and guidance for emulating characters and players
- Enhance your solo and GM-less experiences!
- Add characters to your main group with ease.
- Emulate players to round out parties and play groups.
- More easily play RPGs alone that rely on full groups or group interaction.
- Turn your solo play experience into a solo GM experience!
- Emulate players and characters to GM your own solo game.
- Play through pre-generated adventures with a sense of mystery and suspense driven by the uncertainty of the oracle system.
- Try out new games and modules on the fly.
- Playtest games in development.
This is an initial tool beta release.
Patches and play guidance will be expanded over time.
MCE was originally designed as a complement to the Motif Story Engine.
The Motif Character Engine is a modular character and player emulator:
- Relies on a series of “templates” and characteristics to help seed behavior.
- Uses a simple backbone of 3d6 rolls.
- Mix and match “flavors” to produce a wide variety of behavior and action results.
- Ask questions about characters just as you would ask a player or story narrator.
- Simple results and lists that drive your story without getting in the way.
- Extensible, easily hacked and reskinned for a variety of genres and play styles.